History at the Golf Club

Ealing Golf Club, just across the river from Pitshanger Park, was founded in 1898 but has a much older neighbour in the shape of St Mary’s Perivale whose history dates back to 1135.  In June, the two institutions celebrated their joint history, and the recent clearing and tidying of land at their joint border, with the unveiling by the Mayor of Ealing of a “historic site” sign followed by a concert in the church then dinner at the club.  On the same day, club captain David Stiff presented a cheque for £6,000 – the proceeds of various members’ events and donations - to Meadow House Hospice.  Well done to all involved.